I guess since my blog is called "Christ Swag" then i most likely need to define what that is. For you fundamental traditional people out there it might sound heretical, however it is not. Actually, it maybe just what you need.
We might need to define the term "Swag" for those who have presumption or are clueless. Swag is the way one carries his or her self. It is the posture of a person, physical and in this case spiritual. So Christ Swag refers to the way a Christian carries himself. The focus is on how a Christian carries his or herself in a fallen world. A few other athletes from across the country and I have focused a lot of attention on the subject over the past year. We have seen that the idea that people have in their mind about Christians is so dull and lame. They assume to surrender their life to Christ means signing up for a boring life filled with several Bible studies and Sunday worship. Obviously, this is not the case.
So Christ Swag is about letting people know that Christianity actually brings more joy to life than as to indulging in the world. Another focus of Christ Swag is about showing that we are called to be in this world but not of it (John 17:15-16). So the question is, how can one be "Christ like" without separating him or herself away from the evil of the world. It is a great and troubling question. We are told be separate from the world but also in this world. It is quiet hard to make sense of it.
I spoke on this subject a few weeks ago at a FCA camp a long with a few of my dear friends. As kids poured into the room I was amazed at the interest. I realized that this is a real question in people's mind. I had kids asking for shirts, info, etc. After the camp I was confronted about putting all this on paper to distribute. So right now I am working on that. Pretty soon there will be copies of Christ Swag spread abroad. I am the last person to be writing anything. I barely passed English 112!! However, if God can used my horrible self, then so be it.
There areas or topic that this material will cover are; Our Joy in Christ, Being in this World, but not of it, The Application of Christ Swag, and The Teamwork of Christ Swag. May sound dumb and corny to some of you, so I reccomend you be the ones to read it! Hope to bring more info soon.
Grace and Peace,
No comments:
Post a Comment